• Topics
  • WAP News
  • Web Links
  • Your Account
  •  

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Google Search

Banners

..:: Vote for my site ::..
    Goa Topsites
    [Top Listen Service]
    [www.DJMixes.net]

PsyKe Out :: View topic - Dane Fletcher recovered for New England and Gostkowski trott
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Dane Fletcher recovered for New England and Gostkowski trott

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    miao1234
    Psykonaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Dane Fletcher recovered for New England and Gostkowski trott Reply with quote

MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Denny Hamlin promised he would be a factor in Sundays NASCAR race at Martinsville Speedway, and he went out and proved it by leading a parade of drivers who smashed the track qualifying record. Hamlin turned a lap at 99.595 mph around the 0.526-mile oval, the oldest and shortest in the Sprint Cup Series. Its his 17th career pole, third at Martinsville and career-best fifth this season. "I knew we were going to be pretty strong," Hamlin said about the track where hes won four times. "I knew we had a shot at the pole and, beyond that, I think our car is pretty good in race trim as well." Hamlin later also won the pole for Saturdays truck race, where hell seek his third straight victory at the track. Johnson, a five-time champion for Hendrick Motorsports, will start the race with a four-point lead over Matt Kenseth in the championship, and surrounded by Kenseth and his teammates -- Hamlin and Kyle Busch. "No," Johnson said when asked if being surrounded made him nervous. "Maybe I should be, but not as of now. We will all race hard Im sure. We have all been, at least so far, have been a lot of situations with each driver and been able to race hard and take it right to the line, but not cross it." Johnson and Busch actually tied in qualifying at 99.344 mph, but Johnson was awarded the second spot based on the owner points tiebreaker, moving Busch to the third spot with Kenseth alongside. Johnson, who has won eight times at Martinsville, including the last two, said his team struggled for much of the day in practice, but "we found some direction there at the end and made some adjustments." The top 10 in the starting grid features half of the top 10 in points with just four events to go. Busch and Kevin Harvick (starting 10th) are third, 26 back, and Jeff Gordon (9th) is fifth, 34 back. Hamlin, who is in danger of seeing his streak of seasons with a victory end at seven if he cant claim one of the final races, said he will race hard for at victory, and to be a good teammate. "I think both my teammates and the guys who are around will know that Im racing for a race win and thats it," Hamlin said. "Ill take more risks, obviously, when racing for a win. I will be a lot more aggressive with a non-teammate than I will with a teammate, so that part of it is a little bit different, but that would be the only way I dont givbe 100 per cent racing for a win." Letroy Guion Womens Jersey . -- As expected, coach John Fox has officially ruled out Wes Welker for Denvers game against San Diego on Thursday night because of a concussion. Mike Neal Jersey . When you think teams you imagine a group of people who all shop at the same jersey store and move together in a large pack with a common goal, which is usually scoring goals. But at these Olympic Games the idea of becoming a team in figure skating makes perfect sense because of a new event called, shockingly, the Team Event. http://www.thepackersjerseysproshop.com/Packers-Mike-Daniels-Authentic-Jersey/ . - The Chicago Cubs say they have agreed to one-year contracts with pitchers Jason Hammel and James McDonald. Eddie Lacy Jersey . But in the aftermath a 115-91 pounding of the Utah Jazz on Saturday night, Toronto Raptors head coach Dwane Casey insisted it was still invaluable for evaluating the depth of his team early in the season. Randall Cobb Jersey . The Olympic hockey rookies will face top-seeded and 2006 Olympic champion Sweden on Wednesday in the quarterfinals. Kopitar, who plays for the Los Angeles Kings, is the only NHL player on the Slovenia squad. His father, Matjaz, is the national teams coach. DENVER -- Not this time, Tim Tebow. Not with Tom Brady on hand. Brady threw for two touchdowns, ran for another and the New England Patriots shut down Tebows late-game heroics and clinched a playoff berth with a 41-23 victory over the Denver Broncos on Sunday. "It was a really good day for us," Brady said. "Very emotional game. It was really rocking early. We showed some mental toughness." The Patriots (11-3) won their sixth straight game and another AFC East title by bouncing back from an early 17-6 deficit and an awful first quarter in which they were outgained on the ground 167 yards to four. This time, there was no last-minute magic from Tebow, who had guided the Broncos (8-6) to four straight fourth-quarter comebacks and six straight wins. Instead of another slow start followed by a fantastic finish, the Broncos started fast and then fizzled. They scored on their first three possessions and then were done in by a trio of turnovers in the final 8 1/2 minutes of the second quarter. "We did have things going pretty well early, scored on the first three possessions and felt like we were moving the ball good and then we put it on the ground," Tebow said. "Thats something you cant do against a great team and Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. "Besides that, we were right there with them." Champ Bailey had said the Broncos needed a big game against a big QB to prove to themselves and others that they were not just a curiosity but a contender. They didnt get it on this day. "We showed today that were not ready to go to the playoffs and make a push," Bailey said. "Weve got to get better and we only have two or three weeks to do it. If we dont, then well be sitting home." For a sixth straight season. With their first loss since Oct. 30, the AFC West-leading Broncos face a tougher path to the playoffs, with a trip to Buffalo next week followed by a season finale against Kansas City, which ended Green Bays 19-game winning streak Sunday behind Kyle Orton, the player Tebow replaced in Denver. "I definitely feel like were all right," said Tebow, now 7-2 as Denvers starter. He threw for 194 yards and ran for 93 yards and two scores but was sacked four times, including a 28-yard loss in the fourth quarter. "I thought he improved," coach John Fox said. "Hell continue to improve. This was a setback, no doubt about that. But sometimes setbacks are setups for bigger things to come." After all, the last time Tebow lost, to Detroit on Oct. 30, he was put on notice that his starting job was a week-to-week proposition, and Tebow won his next six starts. The one thing Tebow and the Broncos havent been able to do is keep up with the leagues elite passers. Denver has faced four QBs currently ranked in the top-10 in yards passing -- Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Philip Rivers (twice) and Brady. Theyre 1-4 in those games. Asked if Tebow & Co. can keep up with the leagues top passers if they make it into the playoffs, Fox said: "I cant predict that. Hes gotten better every week. Six or seven weeks ago, people said he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. He does that. I think he can do that.dddddddddddd. I dont think that was why we lost the game tonight." Brady was. "Hes still the best out there, in my opinion," Bailey said. "And you make mistakes against a guy like that, hes going to make you pay. Thats pretty much what happened all day." Safety Brian Dawkins missed the game with a neck injury and the Broncos missed him as they had to rely on rookies Quinton Carter and Raheem Moore. "You cant expect to get the same results when you lose a guy like that," Bailey said. "But, at the same time, guys have to step up as professionals. You cant play like that and expect to get wins." Brady was 23 of 34, including his first scoring toss to Chad Ochocinco. His TD run was his first of the year. Brady made up for another bad day by the Patriots defence to beat the Broncos for the second time in eight career starts -- the only team with a winning record against the three-time Super Bowl champion. The Broncos 167 yards rushing in the first quarter -- 11 more than their league-leading per-game average -- represented the biggest output in any quarter of the Belichick era in New England. But they would manage just 85 more. After the Patriots fell behind 16-7, they went to the no-huddle and Brady threw a one-yard TD strike to Aaron Hernandez, who set career highs with nine catches for 129 yards. The Broncos ball-control offence stumbled after that. Lance Ball, who earlier scored his first TD in the NFL on a beautiful 32-yard scamper, fumbled at his own 19 and linebacker Rob Ninkovich recovered, leading to Stephen Gostkowskis 21-yard field goal put the Patriots up for good at 17-16. Then, defensive end Mark Anderson, subbing for Andre Carter, who seriously injured his left knee earlier in the game, forced and recovered a fumble by Tebow at the Broncos 40. Six plays later, Brady took it in himself from a yard out to make it 24-16. Brady celebrated his eighth career TD with a masterful spike. "I dont get in the end zone very often," Brady said. "Maybe once a season. So, when I do I get pretty excited." The Broncos bumbling ways -- which included a bad snap on an extra point attempt -- continued when punt returner Quan Cosby tried to field a punt on the run and muffed it with three seconds left. Dane Fletcher recovered for New England and Gostkowski trotted out for a 34-yard field goal to make it 27-16 at halftime. Tebows two-yard keeper with 8:41 left pulled the Broncos to 34-23 and had the crowd thinking comeback again, but Brady led the Patriots on another 80-yard scoring drive, this one culminating in BenJarvus Green-Ellis one-yard TD run. "The more we fight, the better this team gets," defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said. "We knew they were going to come out fighting. They were going to come out fast and explosive. Our main goal was to weather the storm." Notes: The Patriots qualified for the playoffs for the 13th time since Robert Kraft bought the team in 1994. ... The Broncos havent won seven straight since 1998. ... New England hadnt won in Denver since 2003. ... Bradys last TD run was Nov. 14, 2010, at Pittsburgh. cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: