• Topics
  • WAP News
  • Web Links
  • Your Account
  •  

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Google Search

Banners

..:: Vote for my site ::..
    Goa Topsites
    [Top Listen Service]
    [www.DJMixes.net]

PsyKe Out :: View topic - this [Olympics] is the next step.
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

this [Olympics] is the next step.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    miao1234
    Psykonaut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: this [Olympics] is the next step. Reply with quote

EDMONTON -- If it was Ales Hemskys last game as an Edmonton Oiler, he certainly went out on a high note. Persistently rumoured to be a likely candidate to be dealt during Wednesdays NHL trade deadline, Hemsky scored a pair of goals and was named the games first star as the Oilers snapped a three-game losing streak with a 3-2 victory over the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday night. Hemsky, who has spent all 11 seasons in the NHL with Edmonton, said he just tried to make sure he went out well, if his time with the club is indeed up at the deadline. "It is hard not to think about it when you are hearing all the rumours, but I have been in this situation for the last four years. I just tried to play my game and not think about it. It was fun. "It was definitely a nice game for me if it was my last one here, but it is still sad if it comes to an end. It is what it is. It is a business. Well see what happens." Oiler forward Jordan Eberle, who had the other goal in the win, said it was great to see the veteran forward have such a strong game during trying circumstances. "Its got to be tough for him," he said. "For the past four years since I have been here, his name has been on the list of guys on the trade block. That cant be easy, especially with so much social media now. For him to come out and give a performance like that at a time like this, it is awesome." "There is not much more that he could have done tonight," added Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins. "He was absolutely excellent. He was energetic and entertaining to watch. I found my eyes fixated on him a lot. I thought he was great from the initial drop of the puck. Taylor Hall had a pair of assists for the Oilers (21-34-Cool, who remain in second-last place in the NHL despite a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 games. Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson responded for the Senators (27-24-11), who have lost three of their last four games in the midst of trying to move up into a playoff spot. "We started well and then we started trading chances with them and we really couldnt keep up," Karlsson said. "Their goalie obviously made some huge saves for them and we couldnt put it in the net obviously. I think we could have played a little bit smarter." Spezza is hopeful the loss didnt turn the Sens from buyers into sellers on deadline day. "Its a very disappointing loss," he said. "We missed a good opportunity to make up some points. We saw that Detroit loss and not being able to win this game is frustrating. "We got the first one and then we were a little bit flat through the first period. You have to give them credit too, they defended well. But I still think we needed to find a better way to stay in that game." Ottawa struck first with a goal just over five minutes into the opening period. Milan Michalek sent a backhand pass from behind the net through a few bodies in front to Spezza, who was able to beat Edmonton goalie Ben Scrivens with a quick shot for his 16th of the season. Edmonton tied the game up with five-and-a-half minutes left as Nail Yakupov hit Hemsky with a long pass on the power play. Hemsky flew into the Senators zone before cutting in on net and undressing Ottawa goalie Craig Anderson with a backhand deke. It was Hemskys first goal since Jan. 12. Edmonton had a great opportunity to take the lead seven minutes into the second period as Hall picked off a Colin Greening pass and went in alone, beating Anderson with a high shot but ringing the puck off the crossbar. Hemsky wasnt done yet. With 11 minutes left in the middle frame, Sam Gagner hit Hemsky with a drop pass and he picked the corner with a shot for his ninth of the season while Hall screened Anderson in front of the net. Scrivens kept it 2-1 with four minutes left in the second as he came across quickly to rob Bobby Ryan on an attempt to deflect a shot from in tight. Edmonton made it 3-1 four-and-a-half minutes into the third period as a Boyd Gordon shot deflected to Eberle at the side of the net and he had an easy tap-in for his 20th of the season. Right after Edmontons Nick Schultz fished a puck out of harms way from behind Scrivens, the Senators made it a one-goal game with just under three minutes left to play. Karlsson walked around a pair of defenders and slipped a shot under the Oiler goalies arm. Ottawa pulled Anderson late in the contest, but couldnt get the equalizer. The Senators play the third game of a four-game road trip in Calgary on Wednesday. The Oilers next play host to the New York Islanders on Thursday. Notes: Both teams were quite active on the day before Wednesdays NHL trade deadline. Edmonton made a couple of moves involving goalies as they shipped Ilya Bryzgalov to the Minnesota Wild for a fourth-round pick and then acquired goalie Viktor Fasth from the Anaheim Ducks for third- and fifth-round draft picks. As a result the Oilers had to make a call out to the University of Alberta Golden Bears to utilize their goalie, Sherwood Parks Kurtis Mucha, as a backup. There was a social media outcry before the game urging the Oilers to give the one-game back-up opportunity to Team Canadas womens Olympic two-time gold medallist Shannon Szabados ... The Senators also made a trade on Tuesday, sending left-winger Jeff Costello to Vancouver in exchange for defenceman Patrick Mullen ... Both teams also placed players on the waiver wire, as the Senators made forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo available and Edmonton waived defenceman Corey Potter ... It was the second and final meeting between the two teams, with Edmonton winning the first match-up 3-1 in Ottawa on Oct. 19 ... Oiler Nail Yakupov returned to the line-up after missing one game with a foot injury. cheapjerseysstore . Agent Mike McCartney confirmed via Twitter on Sunday that Mendenhall had decided to end his playing career after six NFL seasons, all but one of them with the Pittsburgh Steelers. http://www.cheapjerseysstore.net/ .com) - The Edmonton Oilers have been in spoiler mode for a while now, however as the season winds down they become more and more dangerous to opponents fighting for a playoff berth. http://www.cheapjerseysstore.net/ . - The Chicago Cubs say they have agreed to one-year contracts with pitchers Jason Hammel and James McDonald. www.cheapjerseysstore.net . The 114th-ranked Lorenzi broke Monacos serve to go up 4-3 in the decisive set and held on to close the match in 2 hours, 34 minutes at the Ibirapuera Arena. The 32-year-old Italian squandered a match point before losing the second set, but was in control in the third to pick up the win in the ATP 250 tournament in South Americas biggest city.The biggest and most important curling event since Kevin Martin won Olympic gold in Vancouver will take place at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg from Dec. 1-8. The Roar of the Rings will determine who will represent Canada at the 2014 Olympic Games in February. For the men, the eight-rink field should bring some intriguing competition with Brier, World and Olympic champions among them. Which rink will emerge to represent Canada in Sochi? Martin, alongside his new third Dave Nedohin, will try to get his Edmonton rink back to the Games to defend their title. John Morris was the vice for Martin back in 2010, but he moved on to join Jim Cotter and his rink from British Columbia, who will also be in Winnipeg. Team Morris, which sees Cotter throws final stones, went undefeated at the Pre-Trails in Kitchener. Shortly after the shakeup, Martin said that teams cant stay together forever and hes happy to have Nedohin on the team. "Obviously in this situation, once the change in our team was inevitable, Dave was obviously our first choice for so many reasons," said Martin. In a somewhat surprising move, Brad Gushue of Newfoundland and Labrador will spare for Martin in Winnipeg. Gushue, the 2006 Olympic champion, failed to qualify for the Trials. Coldwater, Ontarios Glenn Howard will look to cross off another accomplishment in his storied career. The four-time Brier and world champion has yet to qualify for an Olympic Games. Being one off the older skips in the game, at the age of 51, this might be his last chance he has to do it.dddddddddddd "Its on my bucket list to get to an Olympics," said Howard, who won the first Grand Slam event of the season in early November. Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie rink are the defending Brier champs and also one of the youngest and fittest squads in curling. Now they want to take the next step. "The Olympics and the Brier for me as far as goals, wanting to win and importance is 50/50. Weve won the Brier; this [Olympics] is the next step. We want this really bad," Jacobs told TSN.ca. "You etch your mark in history when you win the Brier, but I think you do that even moreso when you win an Olympic gold medal." Jeff Stoughton will play in front of a home crowd at the Trials. The 50-year-old Winnipegger is a three-time Brier champion and a two-time world champion. Edmontons Kevin Koe and his foursome is another talented rink looking to appear in the Olympic Games for the first time. The 38-year-old won the Brier and world championship in 2010. He also won the second Grand Slam event - the Canadian Open - earlier this season. Winnipegs Mike McEwen and Ontarios John Epping round out a strong field and hope to surprise at the Trials. So which rink do think has what it takes to win the Roar of the Rings and represent Canada at the Olympic Games in February? As always, its Your! Call. cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: