• Topics
  • WAP News
  • Web Links
  • Your Account
  •  

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Google Search

Banners

..:: Vote for my site ::..
    Goa Topsites
    [Top Listen Service]
    [www.DJMixes.net]

PsyKe Out :: View topic - the last points in the run on a deep ball from Naz
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

the last points in the run on a deep ball from Naz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    miao1234
    Psykonaut

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: the last points in the run on a deep ball from Naz Reply with quote

CHICAGO -- Chris Sale lost his chance at a shutout. He still had a shot at a complete game. After allowing a single, double and sacrifice fly in the ninth inning, Sale buckled down. He got a weak grounder to seal the victory as the Chicago White Sox beat the Seattle Mariners 7-1 on Friday night. "Thats kind of the goal as a starting pitcher is to finish as many of them as you can, and anytime you can get your bullpen a couple days off in a row, its nice, especially in this part of the season," Sale said. Sale (8-1) struck out a season-high 12 and allowed six hits and no walks in his fourth double-digit strikeout game of the season and 14th of his career. He struck out 10 three times this season. Jose Abreu hit his 27th home run and Dayan Viciedo and Paul Konerko also homered for the White Sox, who have won five of seven. Willie Bloomquist went 2 for 4 for the Mariners, who saw their four-game winning streak snapped. Rookie Roenis Elias (7-7) allowed five runs in five innings. He struck out six and walked one. Viciedo went 4 for 4 including a leadoff homer in the fourth inning that gave the White Sox a 1-0 lead. His 10th homer came on a 2-1 pitch. The White Sox added four runs in the fifth. Adam Eaton hit an RBI double and Gordon Beckham followed with a sacrifice fly after Moises Sierra singled and Tyler Flowers was hit by a pitch. Abreu then extended his hitting streak to 18 games with a two-run home run that put the White Sox ahead 5-0. He was tied for the major-league lead for homers entering Friday. Abreu has eight home runs and 18 RBIs during his hitting streak, the longest active in the majors. "I wasnt even aware of it until my dad told me," Abreu said through a translator. "He was like, You are getting hits. Im trying to do something to help every day, whether its an RBI, playing defensively. "Im trying to do something that helps the team. Thats my goal." The Mariners put runners at second and third in the sixth after two singles and a wild pitch, but Sale struck out Robinson Cano to end the inning. Konerko hit a two-run home run, his fifth, off Charlie Furbush for a 7-0 lead in the eighth. Sale allowed a single to Bloomquist and a one-out double to Cano in the ninth. Sale stayed in the game after manager Robin Ventura visited the mound. Sale gave up a sacrifice fly to Corey Hart, and Cano moved to third as the throw from right fielder Sierra sailed past the plate. Sale got Kyle Seager to ground out to end the game. "Every time I face him, hes got the same slider," Cano said about Sale. "Sometimes you face a guy and one day he doesnt have it. This is a guy, he always has his slider. Nothing straight. His slider is the best pitch he has. He confuses every lefty. You dont know when its a fastball and when its a slider." The Mariners had six left-handers in their lineup against Sale. Hart returned from the disabled list to give the Mariners another right-handed bat. Sale was limiting left-handers to an .089 average this season entering Friday. "I wouldnt say I was by any means laughing at it or anything, but thats definitely the first time its happened this year," Sale said about the lineup. "So I just tried not to put too much emphasis on it. "I knew I was probably going to throw a few sliders today more than normal, but thats about it." The White Sox improved to 28-7 against the Mariners since 2010. NOTES: The White Sox batted Abreu, the AL Rookie of the Month, third in the lineup for the third straight game. "I dont think theres any set way of doing it with him, but I know I like guys on when he comes to the plate," Ventura said. . Mariners RHP Felix Hernandez (10-2, 2.10) will start against White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (5-7, 3.44) on Saturday. Bobby Rainey Black Friday Jersey . The Bruins suffered their share of setbacks, a notable one just a week earlier. Once the Pac-12 tournament got rolling, the Bruins took off. Warren Sapp Black Friday Jersey . The Vikings announced Saturday they downgraded Peterson from doubtful on the original injury report to out against Detroit Sunday, when the Vikings and Lions will play the last game at the Metrodome. http://www.thebuccaneersofficialshop.com/black-friday-mike-evans-jersey/ . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. Mike Glennon Buccaneers Jersey .Y. -- Ralph Wilson fulfilled his vow in keeping the Bills in Buffalo during his lifetime. Mike Glennon Jersey . The Lions traded their fifth overall pick in the 2014 CFL Draft to the Ottawa Redblacks for QB Kevin Glenn. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Georges Niang walked off the floor in the closing minutes with a bloody towel pressed tightly to his forehead, pumping his fist and riling up the Iowa State fans in the Sprint Center. Turns out he was just jumpstarting the celebration. Niang scored 25 points before leaving with that gash above his right eye, and the No. 16 Cyclones held on down the stretch to beat No. 10 Kansas 94-83 Friday night and reach their first Big 12 tournament title game since 2000. "We love competing for championships," Niang said later, a bandage over his wound. "Coach says take it one day at a time, but the Big 12 championship is one day away from us." DeAndre Kane had five 3-pointers and scored 20 points, and Big 12 player of the year Melvin Ejim added 19 points for the fourth-seeded Cyclones (25-Cool, who will play for just their second tournament title Saturday night against the winner of Texas-Baylor. The victory for Iowa State represented its first in four tries against Kansas in the Big 12 tournament, and its first over the Jayhawks in Kansas City since March 10, 1996, when the schools were still part of the Big Eight. It also allowed Iowa State to match its 2001 team for the second-most wins in school history, trailing only the 32 wins piled up by the 2000 team. Incidentally, it was that team that won the Cyclones only Big 12 tournament title. "Its a great win for us, for the fact it gives us confidence we can compete with anyone in the nation," Cyclones coach Fred Hoiberg said. "It was good to finally get one of these after struggling to close out games against Kansas the past few years." Relying on some hot outside shooting, Iowa State took charge in the second half, and then held on as the top-seeded Jayhawks (24-9) tried to make a late run to get back into the game. Perry Ellis led Kansas with 30 points. Andrew Wiggins finished with 22. The Jayhawks again were playing without 7-footer Joel Embiid, the leagues defensive player of the year, and his rim-protecting presence was sorely missed. The freshman has a stress fracture in his back and is likely out until at least the second weekend of the NCAA tournament. "Joel not being in there, he could probably guard Niang better," Kaansas coach Bill Self said, "but I think it was more a collection of everybody rather than just one individual.dddddddddddd" The Sprint Center was packed to the rafters with fans eager to see whether Iowa State could finally end its five-game losing streak against the Jayhawks, or whether Kansas could burnish what it hoped would be a resume worthy of a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. The teams got after it right from the tip, racing up and down the floor in what amounted to a series of 94-foot wind sprints. Iowa State got the better of it early, forging a 23-16 lead, but the Jayhawks countered with a brutally efficient 20-3 charge to take control. Things got so intense that the normally placid Hoiberg was rung up with a technical foul after Kane appeared to be hammered on the way to the basket and no foul was called. "I used a bad word," Hoiberg said sheepishly. "Im not going to say I didnt." The Jayhawks lead was also short-lived. Kane started the comeback by converting a three-point play, Ejim and Niang went to work inside, and the Cyclones tied it 46-all in the closing minutes of the first half when Kane knocked down another shot from the corner. Their hot perimeter shooting continued in the second half, when the Cyclones turned a 48-46 deficit into a 66-57 lead, the last points in the run on a deep ball from Naz Long. By that point, Iowa State was 11 of 16 from the 3-point line. "We were on our heels defensively throughout the game," Ellis said. "I felt in the first half we did a lot better. In the second half, we let too many straight-line drives to the basket." The Jayhawks eventually extended their defence to the perimeter, and thats when Iowa State started going to the basket again. Niang scored four straight baskets for Iowa State during one stretch that made it 81-72, and scored on three straight trips to make it 86-74. The lead never got much smaller, even after Niang was whacked in the face during a scrum under the basket, prompting him to start the party for the Iowa State fans in attendance. "We felt like we had these guys in the second half," Niang said. "We came out and threw the first punch and from there it was clear skies." ' ' '
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    PsyKe Out Forum Index -> Random Ramblings All times are GMT + 10 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: